Monday 1 April 2013

Soar

Last week I was lucky enough to go to the Stitches and Craft Show. It is exciting to go to places where their are so many creative people. I was in a place where people want to teach you about there products and new techniques and I know that they all wish you would buy their products but they also want to share their knowledge. The ones that end up selling the most are those that still have the excitement in their eyes about what they are doing because they make you feel that same thrill. It goes back to the old adage that if you do what you love you won't work a day in your life.

Over the last year I have learnt the amazing things that can happen when you surround yourself with people who are interested in the same things that you are interested in. From doing online classes with Kelly Rae Roberts, Jane Davenport and most recently being involved with Life Book 2013 and Tam Laporte.
All of these talented ladies share not only their skills but it is the community that comes with them and the moral support that envelopes you that keeps you going in an environment that could be very isolating.

At the show I loved seeing all the new products but can't wait till mid year when the Papercraft show comes around.  I have found a new way to use my art by putting my prints on pendants and I am really excited about making them. So far I love the way they are turning out and can't wait to make one for myself. Will soon have some pictures of finished pieces. Can't wait to share them.

So for now I will leave you with one of my latest paintings that has a message for all of us.  

Don't hold back   Soar......


No comments:

Post a Comment