Wednesday 28 November 2012

Finding our Happy Place

I  have often tried to meditate and as I start at my toes and relax each part of my body I am usually told to find my  "Happy Place". It is supposed to be somewhere in my imagination that is the most wonderful place of peace and solitude.  The first obstacle to this is the difficulty  managing to get the time to sit quietly and have no one interrupt me. Then it is a matter of relaxing my mind and emptying  it of all those worries that I turn over and over and sometimes I end up very far from my "Happy Place".

However I have found another way. When I paint I find I hit that zone that I have tried for years to achieve, without even trying. I find that I sometimes don't hear people talking to me - evident when I nearly jump outof my skin when someone walks into the room  without me even realising they are there . Time passes by and I feel a calmness come over me that I have never found any other way. I am sure that many of you have also found your "Happy Place" this  way and for those of you who haven't now is the time.  It doesn't have to be  painting , it may be reading , sitting on a beach  or even laying on the grass and looking up at the clouds like we did when we were kids. But do it now!!  This is the time for all of us to make time for those magic minutes, where we are truly doing something for ourselves and our souls. Sometimes we let weeks go buy without doing the things that make us happy and we can't get that time back again, so go on and give yourself a gift this week and spend time in your Happy Place - I have never heard anyone say they wished they had done less of the things they Love. 


Here is what I created in my Happy Place

No comments:

Post a Comment